In case (in the space of time between now and when you were eight) you have forgotten how delicious a graham cracker-frosting sandwich is, remind yourself.
Nearly every time I visit my mother (who lives only about 25 miles away from me) she inevitably sends me home with some food and/or random item she thinks I may need. A few weeks ago, this meant graham crackers, frosting, and the offer of a rolling pin (but I told her I could spring for my own).
Why? you ask? Because a few weeks before that, her sixth grade class had made gingerbread projects as a holiday/geometry project, and she consequently had graham crackers and yellow frosting coming out of her ears. I told her I guessed I could be troubled to take them off of her hands, and then giddily skipped home to snack on one of my childhood favorites.
In case you don’t know how this is done, here is the recipe (heh heh heh):
1 package of graham crackers
1 container of cake frosting (I infinitely prefer chocolate)
A knife (optional)
1. You’ll probably want to roast a bowl, or two, or three;
2. Maybe put on some South Park? Or any other adult cartoon. Or children’s cartoon, for that matter;
3. Open the box of graham crackers and the container of frosting (beware–these are both two steps in one, as the graham crackers are in a box and have a plastic wrapper, and the frosting has a plastic, reusable lid and a foil covering that you must peel back–complex shit, I know);
4. Choose a graham cracker, and break it in half (I prefer the two square halves, but you could always break it lengthwise for a looooong rectangular sandwich–fun!);
5. Now, using your knife (or finger) spread some frosting on one of the halves (you can choose, a thin layer or a liberal amount) and top the frosting with the other half of the graham cracker (if you’re really baked and lazy, you can quarter your graham cracker and dip it in the frosting, but I think the sandwich allows the full flavor and effect);
6. Tah-dah! Graham cracker-frosting sandwich!!! Enjoy!
Variations on this recipe include: substituting cookies for graham crackers, substituting ice cream for frosting, adding other candies/sweets into the middle of your sandwich.
Tee hee hee…